PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Medical in other JAA Member States

Scoobster
29th Sep 2005, 17:13
Hi

Am not sure if this has been covered any where else as my search didnt find anything.

Question: If a UK JAA Class 1 medical is denied in the UK can it be taken in another JAA Member State say NL, SP or Sweden?

Question: If it is passed there does this mean that the renewal will also have to be taken in that member state?

Question: Has any one had any experience of being denied a UK JAA medical and managed to secure themself a Class 1 medical from another JAA Member State?

Are the rules in other member states as stringent as they are in the UK?

Thanks, as always any information is greatly appreciated.

Farrell
29th Sep 2005, 20:26
Suggest you do a search on this as it has been done to death.

If you are 'denied' a CAA Class 1, you can try out again in any of the JAA states.

And under the JAA agreement then yes, another JAA state will accept your medical to be tranferred.

No, you do not have to renew it in the country where you did your initial.

Every JAA state has a different way of interpreting the JAA medical requirements.

If you think that the CAA medical is stringent - try coming over to France to do a Class 1 (they want you to have three eyes here!)

I have been through the mill with medicals over the past year. At the moment I hold an FAA Class 1 - which is worth two sheets of toilet paper under JAA - but I am doing all my training in the US, so this medical is OK for me at the moment.

Besides, if I don't get a JAA Class 1 in the future, I still have other options in Asia, South America etc.

Good luck with it - and don't forget to talk with the medical advisors at the CAA. Despite some posts that you will read on here, they are not out to stop you from flying.
If you are nice and civil with them and don't kick up a fuss, they will bend over backwards to find you a solution.