PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair (A Plea for Information)

Lite
2nd Aug 2005, 19:15
Hi there, I've booked myself on Ryanair next week for a quick hop over to Bergamo to see some friends out towards Milan, and having never used Ryanair before (but a frequent EasyJet traveller) was wondering what I should really be expecting, also whether anyone from PPRuNe might be travelling?

Besides wondering what the customer experience will be like, its also a sneak look at what crew is like for Ryanair as I've considered joining but have been put off by having to pay for your own course.

I'd be interested to know any Ryanair employees who could post or pm me with info about the airline, from both a crew & passenger perspective.

All the crews I've met around BHX & EMA seem lovely, young & enthusiastic, so it's really given me some food for thought. :uhoh:

bmibaby.com
5th Aug 2005, 11:49
I'm not with Ryanair, but I'm pretty sure that the best place to find out more information about the airline would just be to check both ryanair.com, and also the information from the company's training providers.

Ryanair cabin crews have to pay for their own training with a Ryanair-approved training company. I'm not sure what else they have to pay for, or what the pay is like, but I remember reading a large portion of the salary is from commission.

SamGuest
7th Aug 2005, 17:28
Flew on them a few times, seat pitch is excellent (30.5" i think) also there is no seat-pocket in front of you which gives more room!

Food and snacks took a long time, everytime some one orders a pizza or sandwich they have to go heat it up from the back, took well over an hour just to get through the cabin of the 738... still, fantastic airline and never had one delay, especially considering i only pay £22 for a return flight to Rome - top notch.

burn the mullal
17th Aug 2005, 21:58
Lite......

I was once a cabin supervisor for the Ryans about 4 years ago out of egss. (STANSTED)
People slag off the Ryans but i had some amazing times with them.

Dont get me wrong, its like any job, dont expect it all to be a bed of roses.!!!!

Its very demanding work, but very rewarding.
I have seen the most amazing views over the 5 years i worked for the RYANS, but be ready for the blame you get for anything that goes wrong.

You will allways have the most impressive office window, but remember its a long way for the **** to drop.

If you want my advice if you should apply to Ryanair or the Ezy crew, i would say..." If you are of strong will and personality then do it, however if you do not like confrontation think elsewhere."

All the very best of look in what you choose.

veryEZYboy
18th Aug 2005, 22:24
DON'T DO IT! They are getting worse and worse as employers.

tino69
24th Aug 2005, 10:45
I remember once working for Ryanair only 3years ago.

Flying as a passenger its really not too bad as long as you don't expect anything. If you don't expect anything it will be a little surprise. You will land on time and they don't like loosing bags as it costs them money.

However working for them i think is a different story. The fact you have to pay for training sometimes around 500-800 pounds then for your uniform around 250 pounds, car parking aroung 30 pounds a month its a very expensive career! However from what i used of it the staff travel is good if you want to go on a ryanair route. They also have bases all over europe which you can transfer to. Good i think if you want to travel europe if you manage to get any leave!

This is a bit late but hope it helps!

tino