PDA

View Full Version : dental health

ivanillitch
14th Feb 2005, 22:48
I have a filling that keeps coming out of a lower molar. The dentist keeps filling it and it keeps on falling out. I have to visit him every week. He's a nice guy,but I would like it sorted for good. I'm a little afraid of constant tooth ache. Erythromycin is the top dog, but it can't last forever. Shoul'd I have it pulled, or could it be saved? (it's rather a big hole.)

Loose rivets
15th Feb 2005, 06:19
Every Week! What are you doing?

Seriously, it is astounding how much suction / sticksion is caused by the boiled sweets handed out on aircraft...I occasionally weakened and often lost a small filling.

But large filling should be mechanically sound, apart from the adhesion factor. That is the hole should be bigger inside, compared to the orifice into which the amalgam--or whatever, is put. Then even if it is leaky, it should not come out.

Don't loose a tooth unless you have to. There is a lot that can be done...root canal etc. Not very nice, but it could buy you 10 years or more before needing to be capped.

ultimatepro63
17th Feb 2005, 18:39
stupid idea i have really but there is only one way in my way pull it out and if it buggers you not having a tooth there get a silver or gold one put in no fillings or anything on a gold or silvetr ;)