PDA

View Full Version : LATCC visits

Steve Moody
20th May 1999, 15:08
Some time ago I had a visit to LATCC with some other pilots where we had a visit to the ops room followed by a go on the ATC simulator....all very good for us drivers to see what the ATCOs are dealing with.

Can we still do this, and if so can someone let me know how to arrange another visit as I've got about 10 pilots in my company, Maersk Air ["Bluestar"] interested.

Please e-mail me direct on:

[email protected]

or phone 01926 421965

The more astute of you will have noticed my computer ignorance in the false post on this forum where I got the subject mixed up with the message, which then posted itself [I swear!]. Please believe me that the computer in my 737 ie easier to operate.

Steve Moody.

------------------

PPRuNe Radar
27th May 1999, 17:34
Steve,

Original removed :) Let me know if no one has got back to yet and I'll put you in touch with someone.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]

Mr Chips
28th May 1999, 00:20
Suggest you contact Jo Clare at LATCC - she is the PR and Comms officer. E-mail me for the phone number

2 six 4
1st Jun 1999, 13:08
Is that the Steve Moody who used to be an ATCO ?

Avman
5th Jun 1999, 03:20
Hey Steve, never mind steam driven LATCC! (just kidding LATCC). Come and visit us at Maastricht, i.e. "Maastricht Control". We also have ATC simulators you can play on.

Steve Moody
5th Jun 1999, 19:34
Thanks all who have replied, I hope to have a visit to LATCC arranged in July or August.

2 six 4 [I think that was the name]...yes it is, I left the bosom of the CAA in 1985 and have been out in the cold world of reality ever since.

Masstricht Controller...I have visited you already! However that was about 12 years ago. If it is possible to arrange another visit please let me have details.....we can fly to EHAM for a small cost, and perhaps come on to you by train, visit, then have a good 'cross culture information exchange' in a local hostelry...i.e. a good *****up [English slang for getting falling down drunk]. We'd need to stay in a hotel or some such similar accomodation, due to our horizontal position, and then return home the next day. It could be a very good way of getting us to help and understand you, and vice versa. Thanks for the offer.

Steve Moody.

------------------

Avman
6th Jun 1999, 03:02
Steve,

If you can get ID travel with them it is best to fly to MST with KLM EXEL. Train takes 2.5 - 3 hours. Then again with the delays at SPL these days it might be quicker by train! The other alternative is BRU which is only 1 hour by road from MST.

I'll e-mail you shortly.