PDA

View Full Version : Air Southwest at BOH!

WOWBOY
22nd Dec 2004, 10:52
In another topic sombody said that air southwest were going to launch:
PLH-BOH-BFS
NQY-BOH-MAN

Where did this information come from ?
Will they be launched?

G-OCAT
22nd Dec 2004, 14:04
PLH-BOH-BFS....really don't see the point since Jet2 have announced a BFS-BOH route of their own

NQY-BOH-MAN...well I suspect you will find that Air Southwest are hoping that anyone wishing to travel NQY-MAN will hop on their new NQY-BRS-LBA as far as Bristol and then change onto the aircraft operating PLH-BRS-MAN, which will no doubt be a lot quicker than travelling via BOH

BOH-MAN as a standalone would be more interesting as a twice daily with a quick trip down to the Channel Isles in between, maybe BOH-JER-NQY-JER-BOH???

MerchantVenturer
23rd Dec 2004, 10:49
G-OCAT

I agree with you about NQY-BOH-MAN. Air Southwest already sell tickets on their website for NQY-MAN, changing at BRS, which they grandly speak of as a 'mini hub'. This route commences in April.

PLH-BFS or BHD might work. Flybe do a daily EXT-BHD though.

My belief is that there is scope for further routes from NQY and PLH although, in another thread on this airline, it has been correctly pointed out that PLH has severe operational limitations in terms of runway.

At the moment, apart from the LGW service, WOW seems to be routing its flights from the far southwest via BRS. However, there must be a limit on how far this can continue because most routes from BRS onwards are already operated by other airlines, with NWI being a notable exception and ORK seems only half-heartedly operated by Aer Arann.

This means that if WOW wants to operate via another west country airport from PLH or NQY they might well decide that BOH is the answer.

loveJet
23rd Dec 2004, 12:32
Air Southwest from Bournemouth

not likely if Jet2 do Manchester and Leeds at a later date.

But perhaps would be better suited to the market?

Jet2 Manchester 2daily = 138,528 (75% load)
Airsouthwest Manchster 2 daily = 46,800

so long as air southwest can keep the fares low to compete with Southampton

Jet

Nakata77
23rd Dec 2004, 12:34
Air Southwest will commence 2 daily BOH-MAN from June apparently. whether the plane originates in NQY or BOH remains to be seen I think.

This is assuming Je2 don't announce it soon.
:O

loveJet
23rd Dec 2004, 12:36
Looks as though Bournemouth will be very busy in 2005.... and even more busy in 2006 assuming Thomsonfly base more aircraft. Could be looking at over-taking Southampton very easily!

Nakata77
23rd Dec 2004, 12:46
yes i agree... reckon Southampton will hit a peak of 1,750,000 and Bournemouth could easily hit 3,000,000.

Air Southwest would be sensible to capitalise on Bournemouths growth now, they need to sease the opportunities while they exist at BOH. They will fast disappear.

FLYboh
23rd Dec 2004, 15:47
If Air Southwest do base an aircraft at BOH they could easily serve Manchester X2 and a single rotation to Jersey and Guernsey. This would replace the soon to end Aurigny service and offer a good loco competition to Flybe at SOU.

Roll on an announcement.:ok:

ForestFlyer
23rd Dec 2004, 22:31
No offence but I'd be amazed if Bournemouth got anywhere near 3 million passengers within the next 2 years. That kind of growth would be almost unprecedented, especially through the current Terminal!

Nakata77
24th Dec 2004, 09:37
you're probably right, I doubt it would be within 2 years. But the airport and the catchment could certainly hit 3 million within 5 or 6.