PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool -- READ the stickies!!!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

dwlpl
17th Aug 2005, 15:53
Aer Arran is to start to serve the Liverpool/IOM route from 3rd October.

The route will be served four times daily (departures from LPL at 0800, 1000, 1600 and 1900 week days).

Cheers Buddy
26th Aug 2005, 21:12
The Iom-LPL can sustain two carriers

dwlpl
9th Sep 2005, 21:15
Liverpool pax traffic in August reached 465,845, up nearly 34% on August 2004.

ops 69
11th Sep 2005, 13:58
does anyone no when menzies or swissport are going to be the new handling agent at liverpool airport my money is on menzies
that would shake servisair up

03 headset man
11th Sep 2005, 14:02
well cheers buddy i do not think the lpl-iom route can sustain two carriers. what do you no about menzies at liverpool
ps have you seen buffy

dwlpl
13th Sep 2005, 17:44
i do not think the lpl-iom route can sustain two carriers

The route, the IOM's busiest route, needs at least two carriers.

The one carrier failed the travelling public with its high fares and bad punctuality resulting in the August figure for the route showing a drop of 26% in pax carried (down to 14948 from 20192) when comparing it to August 2004.

This is the lowest August total since at least 2000.

On a brighter note, Liverpool's 4millionth passenger passed through the airport. Its the first time the total has been reached in any 12 month period.

Cheers Buddy
13th Sep 2005, 19:17
I agree dwlpl, the route can easily sustain two carriers. On Fridays and Saturdays Emerald and Euromanx were always full/nearly full. The more competition there is, the lower the prices for the passengers as seen with easyjet and Flybe on the Belfast routes. Its all about supply and demand! Dont know what 03 Headsetman had been smoking when he made that statement!
As for a 3rd Handling agent coming in to LPL - it maybe only a matter of time. Cannot see Easyjet and Ryanair sharing the same agent for much longer.

dwlpl
13th Sep 2005, 21:00
I was told not so long ago that Menzies are tempted to step in and set up at Liverpool.

Anyone with more concrete news about this?

dwlpl
14th Sep 2005, 09:16
The airport has today said its going to make its 'thoughts public' as early as the next couple of weeks or so and are aiming to lodge a planning application in the new year.

The thoughts are said to include the current terminal, a possible second terminal, roads and transport both public and private.

There is said to be a proposal to extend the runway and will ask for everyones views on this.

The extension will be long enough to enable aircraft to reach "the western seaboard of the US and the Middle East".

Interestingly in the past the airport has often said that they will not plan/discuss the idea of extending the runway UNLESS they receive proposals from airlines to operate routes from Liverpool so making the outlay on the runway economically viable.

This being the case they must have interested the airlines to make this plan viable. I wonder which airlines will make the extension come to fruition?

dwlpl
14th Sep 2005, 11:05
For completeness, taken from another thread.

Ryanair are to start (from 9th Feb) a new daily route from Liverpool to Londonderry using a LPL based aircraft.

FR9884
dep LPL 1330
arr LDY 1425

FR9885
dep LDY 1450
arr LPL 1545

jack_essex
14th Sep 2005, 12:38
Sorry if this has been talked about before but, what is the possibility of Ryanair starting a Liverpool - Stansted route? Im sure they would be able to make it very popular.

GrahamK
14th Sep 2005, 16:51
I understand FlyBe are dropping LPL-EDI

Euroboy39
14th Sep 2005, 20:34
Flybe are dropping Edinburgh from October 29th. Jersey is also being dropped from the end of the season. A return of the service is questionable, as the Channel Islands summer 2006 schedules have been anounced and no mention of Liverpool.

Flybe have also said that the Southampton route is under review , though Exeter and Belfast are doing well (will Belfast perform so well for Flybe when Ryanair steal some Northern Ireland passengers from Flybe's route onto their new Derry route?)

Also, Wizzair are advertising routes to Budapest and Sofia (through Budapest), though no press releases or timetable is up on their website yet.

=D

Devonair
14th Sep 2005, 22:58
I would have thought easyJet would be under more pressure from Ryanair's new Derry route, BFS is closer to LDY than BHD. I would very much doubt that many Belfast residents would drive to Derry to fly to Liverpool, the same however could not be said about people in Tyrone or Fermanagh who may find a better fare from Derry as opposed to driving up to BFS, it will be interesteing though as its like to further reduce fares on all routes from NI to north west England. Glad the LPL-EXT route is performing well, perhaps due to the fact there is currently no route from MAN to EXT, also no route from LPL to BRS and far more convenient than the Plymouth service with Air Wales which requires a plane change in Cardiff and only operates 3 times a week.

Not Interested
14th Sep 2005, 23:50
Shame the EDI route is being axed - would have thought that would have done well. Believe that EZY are cutting there BFS route to four a day obviously due to increased competition.

Also have heard Wizzair are to increase WAW and KTW flights to once daily for each destination due to very high pax loads. Ryanair are looking at Stockholm(NYO) and Eindhoven to add to their growing routes from LPL.

Euroboy39
17th Sep 2005, 10:40
Looks like Wizzair have taken the banner advertising Liverpool-Sofia through Budapest off their website. Shame.

bishbash
17th Sep 2005, 18:16
Ryanair are looking at Stockholm(NYO)

I understand FR are looking at NYO from NCL aswell. Maybe they could operate LPL - NYO - NCL - NYO - LPL like they are doing with the Oslo Torp route?

michaelknight
17th Sep 2005, 18:47
Did Easy once serve Luton from LPL? If so why was it dropped?

MK

spekesoftly
17th Sep 2005, 19:52
Yes, they did. It was one of the first EZY/LPL routes, but despite healthy load factors, only lasted for about 2 years. I'm not privy to the precise reason it was cancelled, but I heard that when EZY expanded at LPL, the Luton run was allegedly dropped in favour of more profitable Continental destinations.

LPL to London has had a checkered history for many years, but VLM's LPL to LCY service seems to be doing well.

dwlpl
17th Sep 2005, 20:01
The LPL/LTN route was the eigth route opened up by easyJet ex LPL.

The route was started on 1st October 1999 and finished on 24th March 2001.

The route was dropped in favour of more rotations on more (profitable?) routes from LPL to Amsterdam, Belfast Int and Malaga.

Cheers Buddy
19th Sep 2005, 07:36
Wizzair are advertising a new route on their website -
Liverpool - Kaunas(Lithuania) via WAW (starting 01Dec05)

Flight W6 406
Flight W6 410 13:40 Depart Liverpool
17:05
23:00 Connect Warsaw Etiuda Terminal
01:00 Arrive Kaunas(next day )

Flight W6 401
Flight W6 405 06:00 Depart Kaunas
06:00
11:30 Connect Warsaw Etiuda Terminal
13:10 Arrive Liverpool

dwlpl
19th Sep 2005, 22:52
The is a Monday flight that is direct to Kaunas from Liverpool that has a brief stop at Warasw en-route

W6 406
dep LPL 1910
arr WAW 2235
dep WAW 2300
arr KUN 0100 Tuesday

lagerlout
20th Sep 2005, 14:13
its not direct then surely is it???????????????

dwlpl
20th Sep 2005, 22:25
Direct as opposed to non-stop.

dwlpl
22nd Sep 2005, 12:23
Aer Arran upping frequency on the Liverpool/IOM route from 4*per day to 7*per day Monday to Saturday and 4*per day on Sundays from 24th Novemeber.

Looks as if its the aircraft they are using on the Dublin/Cork route when it drops frequency and moving it to the IOM for the Liverpool service.

Not Interested
22nd Sep 2005, 21:46
With Arann starting 7 daily flights from John Lennon soon that'll make it 15 flights a day to IOM from LPL!
How can that possibly be sustained? - is there really that sort of demand on this route?

Cheers Buddy
22nd Sep 2005, 21:51
The route can sustain 2 carriers, however expect to see it cut to about 11 or 12 a day!!

Mouser
7th Oct 2005, 19:20
Looks like Liverpool might be getting that runway extention, seen today surveyors at the end of 27.