PDA

View Full Version : SAS Cabin Crew On Strike

Flip Flop Flyer
12th Nov 2004, 11:53
Source (in Danish!)
http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/article.jhtml?articleID=213326

In short: All CPH based CC went on strike as of 0600 this morning, so far resulting in around 92 cancellations. Source of the strike is linked to a seniority dispute in connection with Malmoe, Sweden, based CC moving base to CPH. SAS claims that nex 'policy' affords same protection as the old one, CC are afraid new policy will make it easier for the company to fire very senior CC if a new round of downsizing should take place. SAS claims they have no such plans. As far as I can see, this only effects SAS DK, it seems that SAS NO and SE are operating as per normal except no flights to CPH.

FFF is currently stranded in CPH and this airport sure looks lonely compared to a 'normal' day. First available to my destination is a 1930 stand-by tonight, or roughly a 10:15 delay, on a different carrier. All flights out of Dodge are seriously overbooked. I'll be spending the week-end here just for the hell of it. Gotta be a party going somewhere :E

CaptainProp
12th Nov 2004, 13:02
"Yiiiihaaa!! Let's bring our company even closer to the end!!"....or at least that's what it seems like!! Not saying that I'm updated on all the details on this seniority dispute....But looks like the SAS crew still has not learned anything in the last couple of years.... I'm afraid all the spoiled crew together with the 30-some unions will eventually bring SAS down!!

Good luck to all!!

....and AVMAN.... I have no idea how you could go wrong on that!! Better check in with me next time and I'll give you some info...:cool:

Muldrake
12th Nov 2004, 13:12
All I can say, is that it was pretty quiet in Copenhagen ATC today. The only SAS flights was either overflights or inbounds to EKCH. Almost no SAS flights coming out of EKCH, except a few empty ferry flights.

Well, they should be up and running again, so lets hope tomorrow brings a bit more exitement to the bored controllers in EKDK.