PDA

View Full Version : Barron email

GT3
11th Nov 2004, 10:23
Just in case you (like me) dont have a Nats email account and want to email the red barron from home his email address is [email protected] there is another paul barron in the company who will probably not want all our emails on the exciting destinations!

Vlad the Impaler
11th Nov 2004, 21:03
Thanks for that, just put my thoughts in a little note, I await my reply......................

GT3
12th Nov 2004, 10:05
Here is my reply from our chief exec....

XX, I covered all three but they need putting in context, suggest you
attend one of the briefings and if you don't know when they are taking place
suggest you talk to your local manager or contact Rachael Regards Paul

:rolleyes:

Gonzo
12th Nov 2004, 13:30
I was planning to go on Tuesday but something came up. Strange that, I had other things to do on a day off! I saw no internal publicity about it at all.

Sure, the 'boarding pass' said to look for details on time and location locally, but how many operational ATC staff would have looked on the intranet? And how many Heathrow ATC staff actually check their email? How many even know they have an email account?

The only reason I knew it was actually publicising a meeting was down to the discussion on this forum a few weeks ago. If I hadn't known that, I would have read it with a puzzled look on my face and it would have gone in the bin......the reaction that all of my colleagues had. When I explained to them it's purpose, they were all quite surprised!

As I said to a friend over at TC, if we'd all been given a letter from Mr. Barron saying that there was an open meeting coming up, during which he'd like to show us his targets for the next few years, but also to answer any questions and learn about any problems we have, it would have got a much better response. Some ATC staff might also have turned up to it!

Still no paper aeroplane though. :{ At least some B Watch wag (one wonders who :rolleyes: ) has produced some home-made copies!