PDA

View Full Version : Finningley ATC sitrep?

RPMcMurphy
9th Nov 2004, 09:07
Anyone know how the recruitment drive for Finningley's ATC team is progressing? I hear they expect to be open in January for GA traffic , unlicensed but with ATC according to another forum on PPrune..... Presumably this isn't ATC but air/ground?
Ta

Chilli Monster
9th Nov 2004, 09:58
I know they've recruited two tower only ATCO's from a unit not a million miles away (but not EGNJ).

zzzz
10th Nov 2004, 19:26
Does this mean that Robin Hood is finding it difficult to recruit controllers with the appropriate qualifications?

ShyTorque
10th Nov 2004, 19:38
They could always

"Steal from the bad, give to the good"...

Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood......

:E

Sorry, it's me age..... :\

ILS 119.5
10th Nov 2004, 19:48
I think the two atcos come from an a/f north of egnh. I'm not sure if they are proc rated. I do think they are having difficulty in finding qualified people, anyway we'll see only 4 months to go to be an atc unit. Time is not on their side.

Chilli Monster
10th Nov 2004, 20:45
ILS 119.5

Wrong (at least about the ones I'm talking about) - try again ;) (You need to look closer, and on the same side of the country :) )

ILS 119.5
10th Nov 2004, 22:23
CM
Must be south of Doncaster then.
ILS

Or maybe from their other airport EGSY

Only other ones are NM,NV & NT, unless you can enlighten?

JustaFew
10th Nov 2004, 23:55
'Is Robin Hood (airport) finding it difficult to recruit controllers with the appropriate qualifications'

Put the horse before the cart:-

Controllers are having difficulty finding an employer with the appropriate qualifications.ie salary, pension scheme, leave.

Razors Edge
11th Nov 2004, 10:42
Sheffield's a FISO unit operated by Firemen. No controllers there.