PDA

View Full Version : London to Newquay

Foz2
21st Jul 2004, 14:31
Apart from Ryanair and Air Southwest are there any other airlines operating on this route?

Many thanks

Foz

Charlie Fox
21st Jul 2004, 14:49
No is the short answer.

Foz2
21st Jul 2004, 14:57
and the long...?!:D

Thanks

Foz

Evanelpus
21st Jul 2004, 15:43
Blimey, on such a low yield route, you should be amazed that there are two!

brabazon
21st Jul 2004, 16:26
Not sure if Air Southwest is "low yield", I don't think Brymon were.

GROUNDHOG
21st Jul 2004, 20:49
Well it sure wasn't a low yield route when BA operated it and it really isn't now. By the way Ryanair operate Stansted and Air Southwest Gatwick which believe it or not are two different different animals from down here in the South West.

Long may they continue cos boy do we need them.

phoenix son
22nd Jul 2004, 13:27
Foz,

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PHX

DVR6K
22nd Jul 2004, 14:22
PHX - Very amusing indeed. Certainly raised a small chuckle from my desk at work... (Not from the desk of course, as it is an inanimate object, but me).

Just wondering, how come there are no services from EXT to London? Just down to passenger loads? Remember someone tried to operate EXT - LTN at an extortionate cost in a Navajo or something and that only lasted a few weeks before it went tits up. Flybe (then British European) had a service going to Gatwick for a bit but that was only to keep their slots going.

Surely you could run a service like LCY - EXT??? Sounds like the sort of thing you could quite happily do in a Jetstream as it takes bloomin ages in a VW Golf let me tell you! Exeter has no decent connection to London in any way shape or form.

Any ideas? Comments? Thoughts? Duck-billed platypi?

brabazon
22nd Jul 2004, 14:50
EXT - LCY eh?

Ok see if you can put a business plan together and get some backers!

MerchantVenturer
22nd Jul 2004, 22:11
There was talk last year, including a thread on PPRuNe, that VLM might start a service from EXT to LCY and AMS, possibly even starting the route at NQY.

Haven't heard any more of this rumour for many months.

Although I don't live in Devon I always understood that Exeter was just too close to London for a successful air service. There are none from BRS or BHX either although these last two cities are a bit closer to the capital than Exeter.

DVR6K
23rd Jul 2004, 07:43
They're also far better connected by road!

Mooncrest
23rd Jul 2004, 10:19
There was talk some time last year of Jet2 operating a summer LBA - NQY service. It never materialised for reasons unknown to myself. Probably a lack of surfer dudes with cloth caps and greyhounds...

LBA are still trying to resurrect the LCY connection which Jersey European abandoned after a few months some years ago. I don't know if there has been any interest in the airline industry. Maybe VLM would be a likely candidate.

Sorry if I've wandered off the thread.