PDA

View Full Version : Double vision

JustFlyin'
18th Jul 2004, 12:37
Hi all,

My optometrist has advised me that I have a light case of double vision (strabismus?). However in everyday life I see everything clear, no double vision at all. Further I have no fusional reserves.
Would this affect my medical (Jaa)? And is this a condition I have to live with for the rest of my life or can it be corrected.

Thank you.

redsnail
18th Jul 2004, 14:05
Interesting,
I am cross eyed although it isn't a strabismus. I passed the CASA and UK CAA/JAA class 1 medicals. It was a close thing though with the UK medical. The eye doctor spent a bit of time checking to see that I don't have double vision. If I had that then the medical may have been a fail.
If you can find an aviation savvy doctor and check your eyes thoroughly for this double vision I would do it.

Irishwingz
18th Jul 2004, 21:05
Hi JF

I am cross eyed, so much so, that i'm outside the limits allowed for a medical. However the opthamologist at the CAA, after checking me out to see if I had any tendency for double vision adjudged me ok and fit. He took an extensive history and examined me for quite a while. Best advice - book your initial with the good people in Gatwick.

Good luck:ok: