PDA

View Full Version : Routing To Menorca.....

Easy226
11th Jul 2004, 16:53
Hi off to Menora tomorrow with First Choice from Birmingham and was wondering if someone could give me some information on the routing down there and back (COWLY or Compton departure?!).
Anyone know weather First Choice have A320's or 752's based at BHX?
Whats the approach procedure into Mahon as well (preferential runway, etc.).
Many Thanks
Dan

Easy226
12th Jul 2004, 14:12
Also, if the flight leaves at 8.15am from BHX shouldnt the flight arrive back at BHX at about 3 pm and not 9.30pm? Doesn't seem to make sense?!

sickBocks
12th Jul 2004, 14:39
The a/c is probably on a 'W' pattern.

Used to allow regional airports some holiday flights where it isn't worth the cost of basing an a/c there.

Example BHX-MAH-HUY-MAH-BHX.

BN2A
13th Jul 2004, 10:35
Approach will be either straight in to VOR/DME runway 19, or round a DME arc to ILS/DME 01.
Or on a nice day, with no inbound Spanish aircraft within 3,500 miles, a left hand visual for 01:E

:cool:

BEagle
12th Aug 2004, 06:42
Back in the days of El Caudillo, I was outside our home in Menorca early one morning when an Iberia 727 went whistling overhead having flown what looked like a visual run in and break....

On other occasions I remember low fast trips from Barcelona to Mahon, courtesy of Iberia!

Mahon airport used to be a very attractive little place 30 years ago. I hope it hasn't lost its charm. Came back in a DanDair Comet 4 once - very quaint!