PDA

View Full Version : Pilot pay in Norway??

pilot dude
4th Feb 2004, 02:05
How much can a captain expect to make with a General aviation l company in Norway, f.e. Sundt-air, Trans-wing, Saab Norsk Flytjeneste or Lufttransport.

Any info helpfull

PD

Cloud surfer
4th Feb 2004, 03:33
As for Lufttransport AS, new FO's start at a base-salary of 290k, plus another 110-120k for night-compensation and food allowance. Captains start about 100k higher.

pilot dude
4th Feb 2004, 15:18
Thanks for your reply Cloud surfer

Is night-compensation and food allowance the same as per diem in other countries and is this payed as an expence ,tax free?

or is night-compensation somthing you get for being standby and working at night?

PD.

Cloud surfer
4th Feb 2004, 17:13
The night compensation is compensation for - as your say - being standby and working at night. This is taxable, but does not contribute to the retirement fund.

Food allowance is per diem, and the rules or paying tax on it varies quite a bit, but generally speaking you tax on about half of it.

I believe Sundt Air is paid slightly higher, but the numbers I saw are quite outdated.

pilot dude
4th Feb 2004, 17:35
Hi Cloud surfer,

Which numbers are outdated, the Lufttransport or the Sundt-air's ones?

PD

Cloud surfer
4th Feb 2004, 18:15
I was speaking of Sundt. Last time I saw the two companies compared, Sundt was slightly better paid.

pilot dude
20th Feb 2004, 01:45
Could you also tell me what kind of selection (technical, psychological and sim) is normal in small company's in Norway together with an interview.

PD