PDA

View Full Version : Has that awful advert been axed?

Ramp Monkey
24th Jan 2004, 01:19
It's been a long time but I am back !!!!

I heard a rumour that awful ad has been axed by the RAF PR team – so the message finally got through, you are not valued in the RAF after all! Just a thought though, how much did it cost for S and S to make that appalling ad and the what was the cost of series of radio ads?:ugh:

L J R
24th Jan 2004, 02:03
...and just when I was experimenting with that staple gun to see how much it really hurt.

Basil
24th Jan 2004, 06:04
D'you mean the one in which the lad gets a skelf (splinter to the Anglos) in his hand and the supermarket is closed whilst they yank it out? I'm not quite bright enough to get the point of it :confused:
If anyone joins the mil on the strength of that they're in for a severe disappointment on day one.
Recollect a teenager on an OYC ketch saying he'd like to join the RN but didn't think he'd like the discipline. He (and his buddy) had been a bit of a pain in the arse so I assured him that the RN was lovely and cosy and all that discipline stuff was long gone.
If he joined I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when he met his first CPO instructor :D :D

NURSE
24th Jan 2004, 07:19
has anyone seen the 2 nurses TA recruitment ad on the TV?