PDA

View Full Version : Any Av8air Crew?????

flymeagain
29th Dec 2003, 18:17
Any Av8 air crew on here who can shed the light on how it's going? what are the flights like, layovers, and of cource is the money as good as they said it would be. And also what are the loads like on the flights.

myt
3rd Jan 2004, 22:58
Hi, could you tell me how to find out any info on av8 air. I cant find a web page. How did you hear they were recruiting?.
Any info helpful. thanks a lot.

Nato 35
4th Jan 2004, 18:24
myt
Try doing a Google search on AV8air or CT2 and you will find a good starting point. Or you could just ask any other member of MYT who has joined lately. :cool:

myt
4th Jan 2004, 23:28
nato 35

Thanks, found them under ct2. Not aware of any man. myt crew that have joined them to be honest. Have emailed them now anyway, thanks for your help.

NorthSouth
7th Jan 2004, 19:18
I hope any of you who end up working for this bunch are better than the people they currently have, and are big enough to stand up to management in order to raise standards.

I've just come back from a trip to South Africa courtesy of AV8 and can only say that it's the worst aviation experience I've had in my life. Such gems as check-in procedures with no computer equipment, with all boarding passes for a fully-laden 767 written out longhand; numerous cases of double-booked seat allocations even though they were all allocated days in advance; not telling pax until we boarded that we would be diverting via Palma for a fuel stop, adding another 2-3 hours to the journey; refusing to feed pax anything for over six hours on a daytime flight; introducing their apology for the delay with "but it affects the crew as well"; and, when we got to Dublin, placing all new pax boarding the flight to Manchester at the rear of the aircraft, then on arrival at Manch telling all the pax that had been on the aircraft for 15 hours that they had to sit down and allow the Dublin pax to get off first.

Seems to me the management of this outfit think they can apply the kind of passenger service regime common on the Majorca cattle run to long haul flights. They're wrong, but they'll probably get away with it since most people will only go on a holiday to South Africa every few years at most, so they don't need to worry about generating repeat business. But if anyone is considering booking on AV8, my advice is don't touch them with a bargepole. You'll probably get a scheduled flight on something reliable like BA, KLM or Virgin just as cheap, you'll get the seats you want, you won't go hungry, and you'll arrive at the airport you expect at the time you expect.

Pontious
7th Jan 2004, 19:48
NorthSouth

I think you are being a wee bit harsh on them. They are a start-up airline so are bound to have teething problems. Give them a few months to iron out the problems and then judge them. What you've highlighted can happen to even the most established of airlines when things don't go according to plan.
Unscheduled tech./fuel stops,pax. boarding/seat allocation mix-ups are a hazard of the job. I've worked for with a few of the senior management in AV8 and they are people who are dedicated to their teams and the company. Give them a break!!

MaxMet
8th Jan 2004, 04:12
The web address advertised on the side of their 757 23A G-OAVB does not appear to work.

Surely in this day and age that is the sort of small detail that should have been sorted out before operations started.

No dought another fly by night operator that always seem to crop up and then vanish from MAN every year.

Maximillian von Metternich

:ok:

Pontious
8th Jan 2004, 04:30
Oh yeah,Max Met?

Like who?

:ok:

UFGBOY
9th Jan 2004, 05:21
Didn't the bags get left behind in DUB as well?
Surely Queen Kitty has the cabin service under control.....:O

Flightrider
9th Jan 2004, 06:15
Pontious, why on earth should a company be given a break just because it's new? Things should be right on the first occasion that a customer tries the service, otherwise they are likely not to come back - just like NorthSouth. You cannot go around excusing poor customer service simply because it's a new business. "First impressions count" cannot be forgotten.