PDA

View Full Version : Domain name registration

Chaffers
4th Nov 2003, 20:02
Any recommendations for who to register a domain name through? Many of the adverts appear to prefer saying $0.000001c per milisecond rather than anything useful...

RomeoTangoFoxtrotMike
4th Nov 2003, 20:32
That depends on exactly what services you are looking for. If you primarily want registration services with good control over domain settings like DNS servers, etc., e.g. if you are running your own servers like me, then www.easily.co.uk (http://www.easily.co.uk/) are pretty competent, if not necessarily the cheapest. Of course they provide all the usual webhosting stuff as well if you want.

If you are after a combined domain and webhosting package as you do not have your own servers then other offerings might be more cost effective.

Just a satisfied customer :ok:

RFTM

PS and off-topic(ish) If any of the Prune admins are here, why are the TTL values set so low on the various prune domain RRs ? 1 second strikes me as a tad on the short side... :ooh:

BRL
4th Nov 2003, 22:19
Chaffs, I use freeparking.co.uk for mine. It was something like 7 notes to register the domain name.(evo.me.uk). I use my free BT web-space for stuff and it redirects to that address, but I cannot for the life of me get my home page up that I have made using Dreamweaver MX. At the moment I just have an index. :(

amanoffewwords
5th Nov 2003, 01:25
I think www.easyspace.com (nothing to do with Stelios) are brilliant - currently running my own vserver through them - excellent support/prices etc.

They offer domain name registration with po3 email thrown for free and the longer you register it for the cheaper it is per year.

Cheers
amofw

Chaffers
5th Nov 2003, 19:59
Thanks for the recommendations lads.

Looks to me as though you need to rename main.html as index.html Paul. The browser automatically looks for index.html as the initial jump off point.

MuppetPax
8th Nov 2003, 03:06
http://www.123reg.co.uk/ have served me well.