Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Nordic Forum
Reload this Page >

Randhem, Type rating

Nordic Forum It smells a bit of snow and ice and big hairy vikings chasing lusty maidens around after lots of mjød and loud partying. Forum languages are Svenska, Dansk, Norsk & English.

Randhem, Type rating

Old 4th Apr 2005, 11:45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Randhem, Type rating

Anyone have any experience with this company?

www.randhem.com

Last edited by Sandshrew; 4th Apr 2005 at 12:14.
Old 5th Apr 2005, 08:36

You should try Avia training in Sandefjord Norway, they have a special deal right now i belive. Give them a call! aviatraining.no
Old 5th Apr 2005, 11:20

The Randhem's 737 Type Rating program costs 14.400 EUR compared to Avia's 19.375 EUR?

In addition the program through Randhem does also include accommodation, breakfast and shuttle service to/from the flight training centre.

Other than that both program's seems to be very similar?
Old 6th Apr 2005, 00:15

737 type rating

Look into 737 type rating courses in the Dallas area. I have a friend going next month for US$7000, what is that in Euro's now?

If anyone knows of a Falcon 50 or 900 job let me know, I am losing mine in couple of months.
Old 6th Apr 2005, 07:57

7000$ is about 5500 euros, but that is for FAR -rating.
For some reason JAR-rating for the same plane costs about three times more.
Old 14th Apr 2005, 22:13

I have a freind who got his raiting through Randheim. Worked out fine. Some extra waiting due problems with sim but nothing major. Make sure the instructor fills out the paperwork properly though. It got messed up and had to be sent back, which took another three weeks to sort out. He is happily flying the 737 now.
Old 15th Apr 2005, 16:21

What airline did he get hired by?
Old 3rd May 2005, 06:26

"I have signed up for the A320 course in Jun. If you have any questions about Randhem, I can answer them afterwards."

They told me they are still not allowed to release JAA Type Ratings. Can you tell me who you spoke with at Randhem?

my email: [email protected]

thanks
Old 7th May 2005, 12:09

I would give AviaTraining a go - I belive, that they can offer you a great deal right now (also including accomodation).
Furthermore, they use instructors from SASBraathens and Ryanair, which will give you an advantage and loads of information about the companies...
And - for the special interested young pilot - AviaTraining is training cabincrew on contract for Ryanair - 20 young girls in the classroom next door ;-)
Old 8th May 2005, 13:09

Randhem/Avia training

Hi.

I wouldn't go for Avia Training. I have been screwed with them before. Be careful with your money! I have recently completed an A320 type rating course with Randhem and I am satisfied. We were the first course and things could off course have been better, but I think he is working on it and in general things worked out good.
Old 9th May 2005, 18:39

AviaTraining costs twice than Randhem! I wouldn't choose it....
Old 10th May 2005, 22:33

Danger

!! STAY AWAY FROM AVIATRAINING !!

!! STAY AWAY FROM AVIATRAINING !!

Hei Geir,
If you provide PPRuNe with your real nameand home address, the site`s owners can forward any legal challenges to you.
Until such time, with PPRuNe in posession of your verifiable details, your original post is in Admin.
Old 11th May 2005, 11:35

I don't know how You have been treated by AviaTraining, but I don't think it is very nice to attack a person like You just did Geir!

I bought a rating last year with AviaTraining, and I am very satisfied with the product I got. No cost came as a suprise, it had all been explained and accounted for before signing any contract, so my personal experience is very positive with this TRTO.

Lets keep this a forum for discussions, advice and rumours, - not a forum of talk
Old 12th May 2005, 06:52

Hm? Geir Larsen

Geir Larsen,

First; would you care to explain to us the 45 hrs instead of 50 (!?)

Then; except for the fact that you might have experienced problems with Aviatraining-----would it not be fair to suggest that you deal directly with Aviatraining on these issues rather than attacking a person online. Lack of style in my eyes.

Another side to buying a type rating; The take-offs & landings are a crusial part of the type training. Aviatraining can offer the required aircraft training. It would interest me to know where the Randhem students do their take-offs & landings.
Old 27th May 2005, 09:10

They do it in scandinavia and I have several friends that took the training with them. Works fine and you really get a lot of sim hours according to my friends that went there. It is reasonable price as well. I am thinking of taking mine there now. I was considering the training with DanFly but since I heard that you do not get enough hours and people fail the skill test, that is not a good sign..... Otherwise Aviatraining I think is good but too expensive for me.
Old 29th May 2005, 05:24

Not enough sim hours

merpilot,

The B737 type rating programs you find today are either a 12 session a 4 hrs program + a skill test of 2 hrs = 50 hrs. Or a shorter program of 34 hrs. Pilots with adequate experience will be able to go through the 34 hour program. It will vary from school to school.

50 or 34 hrs? It is not only all about hours. Your flying background and experience, your attitude and perhaps above all; your ability as a B737 type rating student to understand the task ahead, will determine whether or not you will see "the light in the end of the tunnel"................. Add to this an instructor who can understand your weak and strong sides, coach and be there for you through the sim sessions, and you should be able to reach the necessary level of proficiency before you meet the TRE.

I understand fully the financial side of doing a type rating. But in the end of the day the quality of the school, the instructors and the type rating program should be a concern when you evaluate the schools. And, do not forget the take-offs and landings. Without them you will not have the rating in your license.

It has been said: "Flying a B737 is not a human right". Something to think about.